Search Build Log

31 May 2021

18-09: Priming Fuel Tank External Surfaces

Since i could not prime the insides of the tanks (for obvious reasons), I let the tanks sit for around 3 months, then cleaned, etched and primed the external surfaces of the tanks (excluding the external skins). I need to get some AN fitting plastic caps to install on the tank fittings. The water balloons are not good and were disintegrating. 

I masked off all the 'holes' so that water, cleaner, etch etc did not get inside the tanks.

I also protected the bearings so nothing got in. 

Everything was masked off before priming






I need to install the fuel sender signal and ground wire (and protect this with some snake-skin etc), as well as install the nutplates. Then i can install them on the spars.

Happy with how these turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment