Search Build Log

22 Jan 2024

33-11 -> 12: Installing rudder cable guides

Now that the cockpit is painted, and while my rudder pedals are away being powder coated, i did some quick jobs including installing the rudder cable guide sleeves, and the rudder cable guides out of the tunnel. 

I used the 'hacksaw' blade trick to hold the bolts onto the Adel clamps - this works really well. I installed the bolts in the opposite direction to the plans, as this was heaps easer to access. 

I countersunk some holes for the dimples, and installed the rudder cable guides into the tunnel sides. I used washers on the tails of the rivets, in the same manner as the rudder cable guide in the tailcone

The 'hacksaw blade' trick - you cut a v notch in the end of the blade - up to the hole. It then engages with the threads to hold the adel clamp closed, and you can easily get the washer and nut on.








No comments:

Post a Comment