Search Build Log

26 May 2018

Empennage Inventory Complete!

Spent around 5 hours over the last couple of days to inventory the empennage.

Geez - it’s bigger than I imagined! (Especially the HS!).

The hardware bag took at least 3 hours. Amazing how well packed everything was, and how well sorted everything was. The subkit setup and the hardware bags is pure genius, and was great for my OCD. The only issue i found was the cloth tape they used to keep everything from moving around, took the blue vinyl off some parts - but this is the price you pay for perfect parts shipped half way across the globe!

Can you believe in the whole empennage, the only issue that I found was I was missing 5 washers!, and there was some damage to a bearing (emailed Van’s).
Edit: Vans are sending me a parcel with 8 washers! and have agreed to send another bearing after initially saying it was fine so long as it didn’t rotate. When I said I was uncomfortable, and worried that the chips may propagate cracks leading to bearing housing rotation, they are sending me another one. 👍

I have also purchased an electric drill, as well as HVLP gun, paint strainers etc, and received the Stewart Systems primer practice kit.

Time to build the aileron practice kit again, this time with full priming etc just like the real thing.



Most expensive hat i've ever purchased. 

The packing was amazing. The packer must gave been a Chieftain pilot at one stage. 

Some chips around the edges of the bearing carrier. 

OCD Central



No comments:

Post a Comment